At Sweet Eats Fruit Farm, we work from the ground up… or should we say the soil up?
We are dedicated to leaving our little patch of earth substantially improved from when we received it.
Some of the things we do that are good for the earth:
- Put down compost tea to stimulate the soil biology and help with the food soil web.
- Build the nutrient levels in the soil by applying both a wide spectrum of minerals and adequate amounts of the big NPK.
- Limit Water consumption by:
- Using drip irrigation and potentiometers to determine adequate soil moisture
- Heavily mulching our plants
- High tech irrigation monitoring devices so if something breaks, we know about it immediately.
- Use reclaimed material when possible